Ultimate Forum Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jol looks forward

Go down

Jol looks forward Empty Jol looks forward

Post by The Reaper Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:40 pm

Jol looks forward Jol_560668
Martin Jol wants to put the past week behind him after enduring a turbulent few days amid speculation surrounding his future at Tottenham.

Jol's job at White Hart Lane was rumoured to be in danger following reports Spurs officials held talks with Sevilla coach Juande Ramos.

Chairman Daniel Levy met with Jol this week to reassure him his future was at Tottenham and the Dutchman says he never considered resigning as Spurs manager.

"It wasn't the best of weeks but you have to get on with the job and as you heard in the statements the chairman is fully behind me, my staff and the players so I don't think there is an issue anymore," Jol said on Sky Sports News.

"I want to be here because I love the players, I love the supporters and they told me that they are satisfied with me. So there is no problem."

Backing

Jol admits he was disappointed to see reports of meetings between club officials and other managers.

However after talking with Levy, Jol will move on with the aim of taking Tottenham into the top four in the near future.

"Normally it's better if you keep that secret but for me personally it's not nice," he said.

"Daniel Levy sat down with me twice and he said to me: 'We never went to another coach to approach him to be manager of Tottenham Hotspur to replace you', and I believe him.

"The chairman confirmed and told me over and over again that he's backing me."

Relationships

Jol insists his relationship with Levy will not be damaged by the incidents of this week, and also says he has no problem with sporting director Damien Comolli.

"I've always had a pretty good relationship with him (Levy)," Jol explained.

"As you know I'm pretty open so if I'm not satisfied with something I will tell him and that is what you do, but behind the curtains and I will continue to do that and he will continue to do that."

On Comolli, he added: "I've got a good professional relationship with him.

"He helps us to find players because if you are managing in the Premier League you can't always look at player so that is his job."
The Reaper
The Reaper
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 261
Favorite Sport : Tennis
Registration date : 2007-08-21

http://www.grim-reaper.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum